Tuesday, March 16, 2004

So it appears that Elisse broke up with her boyfriend Hunter yesterday. Right after I went home, they just broke up. Huh.

Elisse is going to Highland, and I’ll be seeing less of her. She has no connection to east now, I give her my blessing and my encouragement. I’ll still write her, but things will change. I don’t think we’ll drift apart or become less close; once you get to a certain point this doesn’t seem to happen. We’ve reached a state of adoration and understanding that physical distance and time simply can’t spoil. It feels as if we’ll run into each other in 20 years and pick up a conversation right where we left off.

I'm content with the new simplicity found in my blog. No links, no images, nothing buy my words. That's what I wanted all along, I suppose, but my other template was adorable, you have to admit.

I had an absolutely grand time at play. I'm enjoying myself thoroughly; I have a lead, I adore those in my play, and I enjoy the beautiful boys not in my play. I'm beginning to have fun with the play, experimenting with and adding the details and movements that really endear a play to someone. I'm more comfortable with the cast, today Max and Dave sung the "family guy" theme song to me on the side of 13th. I'm beginning to see and appreciate Katie’s genius, to work with her and try and identify what she’s envisaged for the play. It’s going quite well.

I’m listening to “drive you home” by garbage as I gaze out my study window, witnessing the transformation currently occurring outside my door. How appropriate. My life is slowly changing right along with the weather; relationships are collapsing and others are materializing, more pressing issues worry me while those that previously dominated my life are fading. I used to fear solitude, viewing it as a sign of ineptitude, of weakness. I now lust after it, discarding the connections and forged friendships I’ve worked hard for. I used to feel vexed every time I was alone, goaded by the sound of my mind and thoughts. I now cherish them more that the shallow, petty voices that usually surround me. I feel more confident now that I’m no longer performing for distraction, but for entertainment.

Change is never easy; tension is growing in my family, and I’ve become less assured about my future. There is a price for progress, however, and I’m finally more than ready to pay it.