Tuesday, March 02, 2004

How I cherish a moment like this. I have absolutely nothing to write about; nothing hideous happened today that merits an account, and there was no smashing experience, lifting me. Nothing happened today. Nothing. I saw my Elissie, so my intellectual quota for the day was filled, however meager the short time I spent with her was. I saw NZ, my fam, talked to the bat, saw everybody I wanted to see. I had play practice and Young women's. Nothing happened. I love it...

I'm so content right now. I'm listening to sneaker pimps in my most comfortable jeans, laying decadently in my entrancing solitude, a feeling I rarely indulge in nowadays. I adore lying on the hard-wood floor, listening to my thoughts and my music. Nothing matters when I’m this way; there’s nobody I’m trying to convince, no one to please, nobody at all. There is no satisfaction like this, no pleasure so idolatrous. I love it …

Its at times like this when I realize I don’t need or want someone to share my life with. My thoughts are my thoughts, my mind is mind, this is one bliss I won’t parade in order to enslave others. I don’t need anybody; I can hardly stand anybody else. And yet I don’t feel forlorn, I feel privileged and free, I feel happy. I love it…

My ecstasy: a delight unexplained, an indulgence unwarranted.

I love it.