Wednesday, March 10, 2004

I'm in an odd mood right now. An extremely odd mood. It may not seem funny to you, but I happen to be reading this blog out loud in a ridiculous fake French accent. Funny indeed.

Maile came over at 3:30. We talked, lounged, and harassed Ricky and his friend until 4:00, when we left to take Amy Jo out to lunch for her birthday. Things turned out splendidly; upon seeing that no one at the training table would sing to Amy Jo, we decided to dine at the Olive Garden instead, an improvement in every way and sense. The experience really brought some insight as to how I come across when I'm with different people. When out with people from work, my group and I hold a quiet yet pleasant conversation, cheerfully addressing those waiting on us, smiling and listening to what he/she/it has to say. When out with people such as Jane or Elisse, we discuss topics seriously and vigorously, only talking to the service when absolutely necessary. When I'm with Amy Jo and Maile, we're the annoying, giggling, boisterous teenagers every server fears and dreads. I had a spectacular time.

The Waiter sat down with us, advising us what to get and warning against the more daring items on the menu. We chatted with him for 5 minutes before ordering, and then requesting a birthday song or two. We burst into fits of laughter almost forcing us out of our chairs, having contests to see who could inspire the most colorful reaction by twisting our faces into hideous expressions. Good times, good times.

I'm not quite sure when the French nationality seized me, I think this occurred about half way through the lecture at young women’s. Apparently we're going to be taking food to the homeless or something. Huh.

I think I gained 5 pounds today. I had the alfredo (what's wrong with me? I work at the OSF, I know the type of grams in alfredo.) and not only that, but I won't be starting yoga until next week, at the very earliest.

Argh. Lately I've haven't been able to feel attractive. Natural and healthy, I suppose, but not just plainly attractive. But I'm too lazy to do anything about this, I don't care. And I don't care about the fact that I don't care. I'm okay with this, all of it but the couple pounds I've gained over the winter. I'll lose them soon, I always do one way or another.

Well, I hate not being able to articulate. It frustrates me, and I'm tired. I don't need to be frustrated right now, not when I have pink and lime-green mammals dancing around my head, occasionally poking me.

I think I'll go to sleep in an attempt to calm them down.