Thursday, March 18, 2004

Once again, I miss my bus. Stupid UTA. Oh, how I hate UTA. The foundation is simply stupid for many reasons:

• These people are never on time. NEVER. I understand it’s impossible to predict just how long it will take to get to a certain bus every day; it depends on how many old ladies will take 5 minutes getting onto the bus and how busy the traffic is. I know this; I understand they can’t be on time everyday. This does not change the fact, however, that having to wait for up to 10 minute intervals on both sides of the pre-stated arrival time sucks like a headache after St. Patty’s day.
• Those operating the bus are rude; they grunt, they bark, they drool while sluggishly announcing the names of the stations their monstrosity of a vehicle is currently approaching. These people aren’t nice. Once again, I understand they might possibly have the worst job in all of the salt lake valley, but I don’t care. I deal with inept schmucks everyday, I’m underpaid and unappreciated, but I still have to smile and laugh at every stupid joke that comes my way. Freaking deal with it. I have to.
• The bus rides are overpriced! Bollocks, people! After suffering the stomach-churning nuisances listed above, one has to pay an arm and a leg to get onto the eyesore mess of a bus that sputters before them. $1.35 for 4 blocks? I don’t think so.

Well, I have to go to my appalling job right now. And remember, my dear bus drivers of Utah: I’ll be smiling every freaking minute that I’m on.