Saturday, March 13, 2004

I'm going to be made a desk hostess soon. I'm very excited and, to be completely honest, surprised. Jane and Britnee have been there for over 2 years and they're still floor hosts. I must be chirpier than I thought. This isn’t exactly inspiring.

Desk hosts get paid more for doing less manual work. It's more stressful, but once you have it down you're doing less work. I've been at the OSF for 4 months, I happy to make desk so soon.

A couple things happened at work, none of which were too exciting. I have a couple of things I might do soon, none of which are too exciting. Amy Jo and Jamie just called; they want me to go to the stake dance. Eeck. The thought leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Horrid music, horrid people, horrid dancing. I'm afraid I'm simply not masochistic enough for that. Maile wants me to come with her to her best friend's party. I could sit in a corner and watch a throng of strangers get dangerously drunk and rub up against each other, but I'm just not cynical enough for that. Durham's watching the Princess Bride up at her house with her soph friends. I'm not bored enough for that.

Once again, I'm left feeling pleasantly inadequate. How sweet it is to only feel fit to do that which you desire to do. I had an epiphany while seating people today; I saw a beautiful building, and the second I work out in my head how the staircases will meet on the first floor, I'll draw it. That's all I'll do. I won't travel to the stake center and mingle with the drones while swaying to a morbid beat, I won't try to label and then become one of those at Maile's best friend's party, I won't force laughter out of my throat only to drip into the crippled minds of the pampered. I'll just draw. I'm very excited.

I attained the names of two architectural firms for whom I might work in the summer. Bad pay, unimportant work, positioned under many inept individuals: sounds like fun, don't you agree? The exposure would be beneficial, and I would eventually learn how to draw up some professional blue-prints and fiddle about with CAD a bit. That's all I currently want, really, so I'm going to aim for this additional job as opposed to working full time at the SpagFac in the summer. At least I'll lose my sanity to two different sources instead of one. I don't know why, but this is much more appealing; if I were to dump all my time, energy, and effort into one foundation, I don't think I'd be able to handle it. Maybe if I have two jobs I'll feel as if I have more control over my life. Ha.

Wow. Louis Vuitton’s fall 2004 ready to wear is to die for. So pretty and dainty. Love the shoes, I adore the shoes. The country fabrics would be much too ghastly if they weren't topped off with the flawless fur. I swear, Marc Jacobs is a genius. I've never been the biggest fan of Vuitton, but this was a good show. It wasn't astounding, overwhelming, or blow-your-pants-off good, but it was classy, well-designed, and of good quality. This might seem boring, but this is getting to be rare in the world of high fashion, sadly enough.

I still haven't figured out the first floor of this house, but I'm going to go materialize my visual and see what I have. Farewell.