Wednesday, March 24, 2004

Kransekake is so yummy. Such a yummy pain in the butt.

My mother and I just finished making the rings for marzipan Kransekake, and I’m ever so anxious to eat it. I’m taking it to the cultural food fair at school, so I’ll have to wait till the morning. Mmmm…marzipan…I’m going to give a nice big piece to Frank and he’ll love me even more. Huzzah!

Anyway- it was a pain in the butt to make. I had to grind the almonds into a fine paste, which, considering I used a blender as opposed to a nut grinder, took forever. We then added powdered sugar and egg whites until it was perfectly moist, then proceeded to roll them into rings and gently place them on the pan. It’s a lot harder than it sounds; the marzipan keeps falling apart and getting to thick or to thin and keeps being a slut.

But it’s so yummy!

Tomorrow is opening night. Seriously- in 22 hours and 25 minutes I’ll be shaking behind stage, struggling to feign effortless tranquility. I’m so sad; I can’t believe the play will be over so soon. it will never be the same and I won’t be seeing all of these dear people. So sad. *sniff*

I still haven’t gotten my shift covered. (hahahahhaha). I left an incredibly sad and guilting message on one of the girl’s answering machine, I’m screwed if she’s as unsympathetic and pitiless as I am. I’m not worried about it, though. I just won’t go to work, get fired, then live in genteel poverty. Sounds good to me.

I’m getting up early tomorrow so that I can curl my hair and look all sexy like, so I need to get to bed.

Wish me luck! (Considering how easy in is for me to dislocate and break things, I think this wish is much safer than the other expression.)