Sunday, August 15, 2004

You would think that a fashion conscious lady of style such as my self would abhor any shop where the brilliance of designers is ripped off and thrown into horrid, cheap knockoffs to be displayed and made trendy by the general public.

And yet I have completely fallen in love with Payless shoe source.

The concept of being financially capable of buying more than one pair of shoes at a time is entirely foreign to me. I have always bought the best my money could buy, which was, considering my current financial situation (completely broke) the upper end shoes of a moderate store (usually $75-100, or thereabouts, unless a great deal falls on my lap, which happens quite often. This might be odd considering my current financial situation {completely broke} yet I always have money for shoes. Huh). But today I meandered into payless and couldn’t decide between a pair of shoes. After 20 minutes of looking, testing, and clunking around unevenly like a pirate with one shoe, an epiphany came to me: I could buy both.

How strange.

The battle between my mother and I ended today, and we patched up things rather well. We went shopping, and came back with a lit magnifying mirror and an adorable CD full of French cafĂ© music (I actually bought my music. Completely legitimate. No Kazaa involved. Yes, yes, I thank you for your applause). I’m happy to be on good terms with the mother unit for the time being. It was awful to fight with her so intensely. I’m surprised the extensive crying on my part didn’t lead to dehydration. We’ve decided that my graduation and entrance into college requires more freedom because of the natural possibilities.

I would stay and chat, but I’m afraid mum has a wonderful little fĂȘte planned for me, and delightful French music and my new birthday shoes beckon me. Farewell!