Tuesday, August 31, 2004

One thing that I’ve noticed as of late: college students, at least those attending the University of Utah, are awfully fond of marriage. Yes, they certainly do like it.

My cute physics TA? Married. The 4 people I know in ARCH 1615? Married. The kid in my ARCH 1630 class that looks like he’s 14? Married.

Oh yes, and half of the students in my institute class? Married to the other half of the students in the class.

I don’t know why it strikes me this way, it’s just odd when you ask your peer who looks and acts much younger than you where he got his brushes and he says ‘my wife got them for me’. I’m expecting an answer like Utrecht or Rules, and all of a sudden I find out he’s already walked down the ivory isle.

I must have forgotten that I’m attending school at the third largest meat market in the eastern hemisphere.