Wednesday, September 15, 2004

Yes, too much of her success was due to the content in her life, not the mouth used to narrate. Yes, she was over celebrated and because of this came off as a bit haughty in the end, but still I think I speak for many when I say that we’re sad to see her go.

Belle will no longer delight us with her hillarious stories. It’s odd; her blog was the first I read, the one that warmed me up to the web blog fancy-to-do. And now she’s gone, and has published a book that I’m considering reading.

I never mentioned or supported her on my blog because there was enough gala and laud without my criticism/ analysis / guffawing at such marvelous wit. But now as I watch the curtain drop I can’t help but rise and applaud.

Belle, darling, you were fabulous, even to a taste like mine unaccustomed to hints of vulgarity. And thank you, by the way, for actually updating your blog. (Yes, I’m looking at you useless write-once-every-full-moon slackers.)