Monday, September 20, 2004

Professor Rudolph-

I am a student in your Physics 2010 class, and I attend your lectures on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 7:30 AM. I simply wished to write you regarding your examination policy. This last weekend presented a family emergency to me, and I must fly to Cincinnati as soon as the week is over. It would be greatly appreciated if I could take the exam on Thursday, September 23, as opposed to Friday morning on the 24. I realize we are given a 'freebie' exam, but I was wondering if there was any way I could be granted an opportunity to take the exam a day early so as to improve my chances of getting a better grade in the class. If this is not possible, I understand completely the importance of policy but simply thought I would run it past you in order to be aware of my options in full.

Sincerely,
ivory

(Naturally I put real name, #, email, etc.)

What do you think? Will it work? Cross your fingers for me!