Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Today I finished packing up my room. When I say finished I mean that every drawer has been emptied and cleaned, the closet is inhabited by only a couple articles of clothing that will last me till Thursday, the underneath of my bed has been swept, my chest of drawers is completely vacant. I’ve spartanized my room, as Elisse likes to say. I’ve thrown away everything, and I mean everything, except for the following:

  • Two trash bags full of laundered and folded clothing (read: trash bags, not garbage bags. They're about half the size of standard black trash bags, and they weigh in at about 15 pounds a piece)
  • The scarce amount of clothing in my closet
  • my beloved shoes, of course.
  • A small but full makeup bag.
  • Two small jewelry boxes.
  • my purses.

That is what remains tucked away in a corner of my room. The rest has been tossed or given to D.I. I couldn't be more pleased with the fact that my personal belongings come to a grand 42 pounds. I have a couple of items that will stay in my room (the exquisite bedset I've used for the past decade and the beautiful mirrors Elisse and mum gave me for my birthday . I will leave them in Salt Lake until I have need for furniture) but that's it, really.

I'm absolutely thrilled with myself. I didn't even procrastinate, as every salt lake county resident speculated I would.

Smashing, wouldn't you say?