Monday, January 17, 2005

My instinct tells me, upon finding judgment, to fight and claw until everyone around me sees my reasoning, or pretends to in order to pacify me. I don’t really care anymore, however, not because I’m leaving and running away from them or whatever have you; even if I stayed I doubt I’d mention what I hear. I’d voice my opinion once, not twice. You can’t really change them, see, and it’s foolish to try. Even if you think you do, you begin to see that they think what they think, and even though you batter them away from certain behavior the second you leave the room it’s as if you never entered it.

And that’s fine; I’m the exact same way. Contention forces my mouth shut but it doesn’t change my mind. In the end everyone sees the situation differently but you still care about everybody around you.

Screw the rest, pick your battles, accept those around you, learn to love. That has to lead to something positive, I’m almost sure.