Wednesday, January 19, 2005

“It’s not that I want everything but you, it’s just now that you’re going I want everything else.” Mum said half-jokingly as we sifted through my jewelry to make sure I don’t make off with her jewels.

We laughed as we divvied it out, almost all the rings staying with her and the majority of the necklaces and bracelets going to me.

“Hey mum, when I need furniture can I buy this bed set from you?”

“I’ll give it to you, if you get married in the temple.”

“Mum, it’s fine if you don’t want to give it to me, but I get offended when you make comments like that. I’ll marry whom I wish, even if I don’t get the ten grand.” I finally muttered as I reached over to shut the window.

“Rachael, if you make wise decisions you’ll be blessed. I’m simply encouraging you to make the right ones, just as heavenly father does.”

“So you’re not going to give me the bed set unless I marry in the temple?”

Mum looked away and continued filtering through the box.

“This? This is mine, isn’t it? Or is it something I bought for you?” She inquired, holding up a black necklace with a red stone dangling in front of her.

“Mom, I bought that at traces, remember?”

“Oh, it is yours. I paid for it though.”

“No, you didn’t!”

“Yes, I did.”

I looked up and sighed. “And the bed set?” I asked once again.

“I’ll sell it to you. Maybe.”