Friday, February 27, 2004

I had an extremely uneventful day today. Feeling fully recovered from last night, I got up and did nothing. I took a shower, read the paper, had some herbal tea. I was lounging until 10:30, when I decided to call Elisse. We chatted about going to brunch for some time before my mother came home and I was forced to hang up on her. Even though the occurrence was, hopefully, understood by the gal on the other side of the wire, I can't do such a thing without feeling an overwhelming sense of barbarianism. I feel so unrefined, so rough.

Walking through the hallway, my mom announced we were going shopping for Rosenthal Crystal. After going to 3 of the finest boutiques downtown, we discovered 1 pattern. Anything else, the crystal people told us, would have to be found in Chicago or New York. The whole valley of Salt Lake contains 1 pattern of Rosenthal Crystal. How depressing.

We found Francis I by Reed and Barton, though. Exquisite in every sense. While dining with such flat wear, one hardly needs tasty food. Food isn't needed at all, really; the fruit and blossoms folding around and over your salad fork creates an artistic meal in itself. This is what my family will dine off of, only grandiose subtlety such as this will touch the lips of my child. And averaging $87.00 a fork, I suppose I'll have some bratty kids.

Guess who doesn't want to go to work? Me!! I really don't want to. Travis is going to be in a bad mood tonight; the manager finally told him he couldn't work at the OSF anymore if he didn't dye his hair. He had bright blonde highlights that, I'll admit, looked a little gay- but he is gay, so it works. But not to our manager, so He's making Travis go back to his salon and pay another $65 to get it un-done. Poor Travis. Poor, poor gay Travis. He's so discriminated against. Why?

Oh- I found a cute gray wool duster for $4.99 at Meyer and Frank. I don't know why my mom thinks I spend too much money; I know how to shop around and do so whenever possible. It's incredibly adorable, I'm excited to wear it.

I think I shall go begrudgingly get ready for work. At least I can wear my new duster on the way to work. That's no consolation, though, mind you.