Saturday, July 31, 2004

After such a seemingly long absence from the wide world of blogging, I'd figure I would wait until my return to salt lake to write.

But I have NOTHING TO DO.

NOTHING.

If I watch another movie I'll kill myself, I've finished the books I brought with me and bought over here, I've memorized the latest articles on vogue.com, and I've caught myself eating literal pounds and pounds of fatty, bachelor food out of sheer boredom. Hence the reason I've gained 5 FREAKING POUNDS over here. Oh my!

The problem is not that daddy doesn't entertain us. Today, after completing some school work, we treated ourselves to a rather lengthy but wonderful day back home. The museum was great, and the library was fun to walk through. I love this city, but it hasn't really spoken to me like I, for some un-explained reason, thought a city would. I don't know if I'd want to live here. Well, of course I would, I've fallen in love with the city, but more in the Carter sense, seeing as I'm absolutely swept away by the city within the first 18 minutes and love and adore it until I go to another city. One day I'm bound to journey to such a spectacular city that my destiny to live within will hit me like a rather pleasant punch in the face (if there is such a thing, upon looking back I suppose there really isn't). But that's just the tiny bit of idealism in me talking, don't worry; I shall kill it momentarily.

Yes. I have fallen in love with the following music-producing people:

  • zero 7- oh my. oh my. Where have you been, my sweet? Zero 7 strikes me as I imagine the depressed love child of LTJ Bukem and a more mellow Nikka Costa would. Kind of.
  • Sia Furler- another musician I stumbled upon while obsessing over zero 7. Distractions is a wonderful song that makes me happy (although it's definitely not a happy song). I love her voice! Absolutely Fetching.
  • The Smiths- awww.
  • The Cult- at least one of their songs (see Painted on my heart)
I have developed an intense hatred for the following:

  • English. Oh language, my diety, my beauty! Why did you go off and screw me when I decided to graduate early, eh? Was that completely necessary? This online english crap is no fun.
  • This whole eat-too-much-and-you-get-fat concept. I'm not liking this either.
  • Cable TV is corrupting the nation. The only redeeming characteristic of this putrid filth was The Real World. For some reason it went away, and left me with days upon days of Road Rules. I hate it so much...