Wednesday, July 14, 2004

Wow. I have seen so many bad movies in the past week and I’m still craving a semi-decent one. After seeing

• Le Divorce
• Something’s got to give
• Along came Polly

I’ve decided that this “movie industry” thingie has had a good run, but it’s time to put ‘er down. Really, the gal has her good days but really she’s going through so much pain. We need to put the poor thing out of her misery and move on. Really.

Speaking of moving on, I broke up with Carter. It’s sad, but necessary. It was just getting too serious, we were getting too close. He’s a sweet guy, he’s just not what I want right now. I don’t want attachment, I don’t want a serious relationship. And the whole commitment part just scared me stiff like a Frenchie swimming in the strait of Dover, what can I say?

It’s not that easy, though. I realize that I am in a jovial mood after watching the nonsensical poppycock that was “Along came Polly”, but I am sad about this. The fact remains that Carter made me happy. Being around him was the funniest, happiest thing I’ve experienced in a long time. I don’t want commitment and I don’t want the emotion of a relationship like the one him and I shared, however fun it was at times. I’m going to Cincinnati and then I’m starting college, and I would truly like to start completely over, with a clean slate. I think this break up was better sooner than later; what must be done must be done.

Tomorrow I pack for Cincinnati; I depart on Thursday at 10:00 in the morning. I am so excited to see Daddy and Cindy.

This writing is just terrible. Wretched stuff, it is, one can tell that I haven’t been writing as often as I should as of late. Oh well. At least I’m posting rubbish, as opposed to posting nothing at all.