Monday, July 19, 2004

I went shopping today with Cindy and inadvertently stumbled upon the perfect pair of classic pumps for which I have been searching a good solid 3 months. I asked Cindy to inform Daddy about this, so that he doesn’t miss out on the perfect birthday present opportunity (which will be needed in about 3 weeks or so), for him to miss out would be ever so sad. Cindy’s a wonderful gal, very level-headed, open minded, and just an incredibly nice person with the ability to make even the most demure feel welcome and loved. I had a great shopping trip with Cindy.

Good news: Mum thinks that Doug, our landlord, will sell to us. I am ever so happy about this; we would get it for 220 so we would have 40 or so to fix it up and make it look perfect, and then we would have a little money left over for a new car for mum (do I hear the word "Jag" caressing the breeze about me?). I am very happy about the situation, and I’m exciting by the fact that I might have that home in my mother’s name to come home to. How fetching.

We’re due at a picnic at 6 PM at the Swainheart’s, absolute dears that we’ve known forever. I think I’m going to go take a nap, it’s a shame I didn’t bring my book!