Wednesday, July 07, 2004

Conversation around the breakfast table, Part II

Today mum, Ricky and I were talking in the dining room. We discussed new cars and my newly painted room, which, by the way, looks perfectly fetching. As we lounged, the bat walked past and opened the front door.

“I’m going outside with my orange to meditate about the eternal nature of the gospel. I’ll be back in 15 minutes”

She closes the door, leaving my mother and I quizzically looking at each other just to confirm what had been said. Mum’s lips break into a smile, as do I. 20 seconds later the front door opens to return the bat.

“I forgot my J. Crew catalog.”

Is there any hope for me? Is it physically possible that I will lead a relatively sane adult life or are the genetics too strong to allow this? I’m amazed I’m capable of coherent thought at the present…