Friday, November 19, 2004

Today I went to special needs mutual (HA! I am a good person! Who knew?) Well, scratch all of that good person mumbo jumbo, because I wasn’t as reverent as I could have been. But I’m sorry, I don’t know how any person in that room keeps quiet, considering the things that are said. And yet they all do; every individual except for Amy Jo and I keeps perfectly still when such questions arise:

“How do you baptize someone with no legs?”

“Why didn’t Christ’s Daddy ever teach him how to shave?”

“My friend, Dorkus (no joke. I was shaking with silent laughter for ages) is from Africa, and says that my cat can’t go to heaven, but what if I throw my cat to heaven? Will heavenly father throw him back?

I couldn’t help it. To mask the fact that I’m an immature twit I wrapped my scarf several times around my head, in attempt to hide my grinning face. For some reason I don’t think my clever antics helped to deter this obscene lie that I am an immature twit. It’s a lie, though, I tell you. Don’t listen to these rumors that I’m a jovial Muslim who prefers plaid turbans. It’s simply not true.

So, anyways. The following tidbits rock my world:

  • The band Jet: I heard “Are you going to be my girl” ages and ages ago, but never figured out the name of the band. It popped up yesterday by chance, and since then I’ve been absolutely smitten by the rock band. “Radio Song” Is beautiful.
  • The Phantom of the Opera Movie: My excitement is split in two, and one half of it is in all actuality anxiety. To stick something as classic and dear to my heart as Phantom on the big screen is a bold, risky move, but I’ll see it all the same, because the trailer looks freaking awesome. I will also ignore the fact that the director is the same man who captained that despicable, nauseating BLASPHEMOUS FILTH that was Batman and Robin. Any true Batman fan vomited after seeing the lewdness of Arnold Schwarzenegger failing in his unwholesome attempt to portray the multifaceted, brilliant character Mr. Freeze and erased the nightmare from conscious memory completely. I have to represent. (Batman TAS all the way, yo)
  • Thanksgiving: All U students have Thursday and Friday off, but since my Intro to Arch Professor is a slacker (just like me!) there is no class for me on Wednesday either. Huzzah, huzzah indeed.
  • Diesel Sneakers- because I now own a pair of adorable red and white ones.

Alrighty. This entry will probably become one of the largest compilation of run on sentences known to the wide world of the Itraweb. Maybe that’s what I’ll finally get into Guinness for. Awesome.