Saturday, November 20, 2004

Today I truly realized the fixation the Greeks had on the male body. I went Rock climbing today, and at rockreation they were holding a bouldering comp. I watched as varied men and women climbed totally impossible courses with various degrees of success.

My eyes fell upon one man as he climbed up the wall, his face torn into determination, holding his body up on a ceiling with three fingers and a leg. His shirtless back fascinated me; the toned muscles created a flawless collection of different planes that flexed and trembled, flowing seamlessly into powerful arms that clutched the wall in front of him. I’ve never seen such strength. His dark hair gleamed with sweat as he hung in suspension until he thrust himself up, swinging upward and grabbing the final marker.

I felt my eyebrows disappear into my bangs and my mouth fall open.

Wow.