Friday, November 05, 2004

I walked down the hallway to hear mum addressing the bat on a certain issue. I overheard:

“I want my home to be a good home, and I don’t want any lethargy or complacency disrupting the function of my home…”

“I realize that,” The bat droned back. “I’ll volunteer in a little while at a school, perhaps.”

“Well, you need to because I can’t have you sitting at home all day in front of the TV if you’re going to continue living with us.”

“Can I at least get rested from my trip?” (The bat returned yesterday afternoon from a semi-lengthy trip to Texas to help my aunt, who’s going through a bad time. Apparently She over dosed on all her poppers before she went, in the mindset that the doctors in the lone star state that she had set up previously would give her more. They wouldn’t, so the majority of the time she was tripping through crazy withdrawal, creating more of a burden for my aunt than any help. Apparently she folded dirty laundry twice.)

“Alright, mom, take a day to get rested up from your trip.”

“I’d like a week and a half.”