Sunday, October 24, 2004

Yesterday I went to a Haunted house with Maile & Co. and the Aussie. It was hilarious; I’m absolutely terrified the whole way through and at points I’m in tears. It’s awesome.

It’s curious; every time I go to this haunted house something odd but comical happens to me. Last year, as I was being chased by zombies, rotting faces and all, I slipped and whacked one in the crotch with my heavy purse. He doubled over, laughing, and told me to be considerate of the poor zombies. This year, about 3 minutes into the haunted house, an actor dressed as jack the ripper jumped out of a compartment and I promptly fell through the wall behind me. As the crew was putting the set back together, I laughed and rub my throbbing thigh, pondering exactly how I would ever make it through the set without incident. I ran into many people, jumped into the arms of bemused strangers, and trampled many a foot in my attempt to flee the monsters.

We went to Rocky Point, by far the best in the state (hence the reason the institution won ‘best in state’ award), and the haunted house was extremely well put together. It was freaky and loads of fun. I also went with a hot Australian boy, which would have been a lot more fun if Maile hadn’t been literally throwing herself at him the entire time (literally, read: lunging at him and diving under his shirt every time she was startled.) He’s leaving in a week, she has a boyfriend, why can’t she ever be content with just being friends with a guy? I’m fine with the fact that she enjoys the company of many, many men, but at times I’m embarrassed for her and myself because of her bluntly brazen antics. I acknowledge that he’s hot, has an adorable accent, and is fun to be around, but he is leaving soon. A purely platonic relationship would probably carry on longer and be more beneficial to the times he comes back to Salt Lake. That is why I decided not to make a move, but he does have two legs and is a male, therefore Maile decided that hitting on him ceaselessly whenever in his presence was the best method for her. She made it a tad bit awkward as we moved through the haunted house, simply because it was odd to walk through with them due to the fact that Maile was mauling him the whole way. So I spent most of the time with Lehua and Xan, which was cool, but vexing that I couldn't be with the friends I know the best.

Afterwards we all hung out, even though Maile was still trying to harass him (or whatever the obnoxious ritual she calls flirting really is). We had a pillow fight, he and I talked, and we just had fun. (Apparently I’m quite a laugh, and he’ll have to give me a bell. Translation: I’m funny and he’ll have to call me sometime this week)

I had a lot of fun last night, but only after I came home did I realize that I had missed the deadline for my Saturday Physics homework, which was maddening. To the depths of the sea with schoolwork! I want to go get a costume, paint my face, and participate in Halloween activities for the rest of the week.

Bah!