Saturday, October 16, 2004

ME: “Hello?”
AMY: “Hey! What are you doing?”
ME: “An obscene amount of nothing. You?”
AMY: “Me and the girls are going mormon streaking. Wanna come?”

*silence*

*more silence*
ME: “In the name of heaven and all that is holy, what is that?”
AMY: “Streaking, you know, except you’re, like, not completely commando.”
ME: “Thanks for the invite, but I think I’ll kip out of this one, if you don’t mind.”
AMY: “No, that’s fine, I’ll call you tomorrow. See ya.”
ME: “Bye babe.”

Just a few clarifications for my dearest readers:

  • The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints does not condone immodesty or nudity in any form. I realize everything’s relative, but we’re pretty strict here, so I think it’s safe to say that we, as a people, are moderate in dress. I also realize that some Mormons go streaking, (see above) but this is a personal choice propelled by boredom.

  • This so called “mormon streaking” is rather silly. Isn’t the whole point of streaking being in the nude? This isn’t streaking, but rather a fatigued imitator of the (in my mind pointless and immature) institution of streaking. So doesn’t wearing underwear defeat the purpose?

  • I would also like to encourage those of you who live in the salt lake country to restrict your activities tonight to the indoors, preferably the basement, where view of the outside is limited.

  • I would also like to inform you that I have a sore throat- kind of. The left side of my throat is raw and throbbing while the other side is just fine. I am confused.

  • Today I got bored and snipped away at my hair a bit. Tomorrow I plan to see a stylist to repair the damage done to my head.

    That is all.