Saturday, June 25, 2005

I just returned from my Aunt Anabel's. She invited me to come over, rent chick flicks with her, enjoy her free long distance phone plan, and to eat cake and candy. It took her a while, but in the end she convinced my to drop by.

We watched "Head in the Clouds" and "Wicker Park". I enjoyed them both, the latter more than the former, but the true delight of the evening was the explosive conversation we had afterwards. When the second movie finished we piddled about for two minutes before diving into intriguing dialogue about politics, psychology (She is a therapist), religion, cultural differences, everything I could think of and all that was relevant and interesting.

So many insights were presented to me; The opportunity to pierce into this radically different world view was mine. I would write more, but we chatted until 4:30 in the morning, leaving me quite tired. Suffice it to say, it was fantastic and eye-opening, in a minor sense. The world lies before me like a blood red carpet, how glad I am to travel and get my first glimpse of the beauty that is the foreign.