Saturday, June 25, 2005

Bow to the deity of all that is cute and on sale! Yesterday I returned from Narvik with spoils unimagined by even the most seasoned of shoppers. I know it sounds as if I'm overexaggerating, but I am, quite seriously, a very gifted shopper. I'm definitely one who would rather have many cheaper things than one expensive thing. But that's just because the many cheaper things are just as nice as the expensive thing, but on double clearance.

Narvik returned me to the small town of Bardufoss with four dresses, 3 shirts, two silk scarves, and a whole lot of lingerie. 2 of the dresses are sun dresses inspired by the huge, colorful prints of the 60s, the other two are attractive linen slip dresses. The sun dresses were $3.06 a piece (yes, I know), and the slip dresses were $9.30. I also bought a nice black oxford ($15), a black halter ($12), and a burnt-orange knit ($5.50). To match I purchased a polychromatic silk scarf ($10), and a black linen shawl ($6).

No, I did not go shopping at big lots, but rather spent hours upon hours in the very back of various Norwegian Boutiques, racking the clearance lines, buying only the best buys. I look adorable in all of what I purchased, and I can't wait to get back to the warm weather where I can actually wear my new clothing. (It's freezing over here!)