Sunday, April 04, 2004

I woke to the blinding sun piercing my curtains and encasing me. I feel drowsy, but happy to see such a beautiful Sunday ahead of me. This weekend has been general conference, thus the fear I felt when walking into work yesterday. Conference weekend is infamous; busy to the max and yet mysteriously thought to be fun by everyone. Yesterday wasn’t too bad, but we got incredibly busy around 7:00. If the truth must be told, I did have a lot of fun. I was doing to gos, and I think they are the most superb things in the world. Everybody thinks I’m crazy, but they’re fun. I like doing something that the other employees actually view as work, and seeing how fast I can do them is amusing. I get tips, too ($3 for the entire night, how could I resist warming up to them?)

I didn’t like missing the conference, but I watched as much as I could. I watched half the first session, and I’ll be listening to all of them today. I love conference; yes, some times it can be unbelievably hard to stay awake, but I most of the talks are able to hold my attention. Dallin H. Oaks gave a fabulous talk on preparation, one I was very glad to hear. I think David B. Haight is going to die, poor man; he had to be practically carried onto the stand to then counsel the people in his feeble voice. That’s okay, the man is going to have a killer time after this life.

I feel lethargic today, very lethargic. I think I’ll take a walk and let the brisk wind whip up my senses and excite my awareness. Farewell.