Tuesday, June 08, 2004

My family has finally decided where to go. We’ve always had the motivation, now we have the direction. We’ve decided to rent for a couple of months, and we found this darling college-student dump with loads of potential. If we can get the owner to sell, we’ll completely renovate it and re-sell. Right now we’re just making it livable: tearing out carpeting and exposing the beautiful hard wood underneath, cleaning the walls and painting them, laying new tile, etc. We’d be able to make a pretty penny if only we can push the owner down and buy it. I’m so excited.

That’s what I’ve been doing all day, mainly ripping up carpet and plucking out the staples (I despise this job and yet I’m always stuck with it, regardless the house or the other people present) I’ve gotten quite proficient at it, however, so it’s easy and rewarding to see a handsome wood floor beam back at you from the blanket of loose staples that now litter the floor. I love doing this. I absolutely adore working on houses, and I’ve missed it quite a bit. It keeps me happy, it keeps me skinny.

We’re home for a power nap and we’re to leave shortly to go paint. We sand and finish the floors tomorrow, and then we’ll be done with the entrance, living and dining. Oh, how I hope we’ll be able to buy; the apartment downstairs is just as spacious and as promising as the one above, though currently occupied by a smoky and rambunctious family. If we buy we’ll be able to do anything with this property and I’m estimating a $35,000 profit, depending, of course, upon the price for which we buy it. We’d be able to pay cash, and it’s such a dump as of late that it’s not pooling in much money for the owner, so I’m pretty sure we’ll be able to buy. At least I hope!

It would be extremely unwise for me to skip my powernap, so I leave you all now. Farewell, my lovelies, wish me well on the painting and stripping and sanding that I have ahead of me. How positively exciting!