Saturday, December 27, 2008

Bryan, darling, you are very much a part of me. I cannot remove your influence or the part you took in shaping me- we grew together during the time we spent together- and I would never want to. I see you reflected in every aspect of my personality, of my lifestyle, of my decisions; if my life were a pond I feel you'd be one of the few trees sitting beside and floating above, forever lending your visage to the surface of the water. So many things that I prefer and adore and cannot live without were things I found only by your introduction, and in turn I simply cannot live without you. You and I were once lovers. I mean this in a way that surpasses any single dimension or type of relationship: we were once lovers, we are now dear friends, colleagues, peers; we have become each other's family. I am no more capable of lessening your importance in my life than a tree is capable of changing it's grain or removing one of its rings. I couldn't be happier with this; despite any nativity shenanigans you decide to orchestrate, I will always respect and admire your integrity, dignity, and honesty. I will forever hold you in my memories and in my mind. You are so very dear to my heart, darling, and regardless of where life may take us, what lovers we take on, what changes befall us, or what distance lies between us, dear to my heart you shall stay.