Thursday, January 18, 2007

I have a million things I could be doing right now: the form assignment that was assigned less than 30 minutes ago, the comparative literature essay that is due next Thursday, the 15 sketches for drawing that is due next Wednesday, the stock portfolio for economics, review of art history, and so on and so forth. However, I have decided to give in to my complete inability to focus, and piddle about instead during my one-hour break between form studio and economics. I’ve been at school since 9:30 this morning (and I’ll be in class until nine this evening!), and have lost motivation.

The day has been productive, so to speak. Despite printing problems I had this morning I was able to attend all three classes punctually and prepared. Quite honestly, though, I always have printer problems. Printing at home is not an option, because neither my father nor Bryan has a printer heavy-duty (read: decent) enough to do the trick, the computer graphics center does not allow the use of specialty paper, and kinkos is full of useless middle-aged delinquents too preoccupied with their general failure as human beings to be of any assistance (I’ve made a couple of enemies there). Not only does my father’s printer do a horrible job, but also upon warming up it hisses, beeps, and rattles with such fury that I suspect complete possession by a most violent spirit. Between the printer demon of hell, the CGC’s flimsy paper, and kinkos band of ruffians, I am left with no way to print my assignments, save my own creativity and resourcefulness. In the end I conceded to the gods of big business, and went to kinkos- the one up in Mason, not the criminal-ridden one down here by UC.

I don’t feel very well. All I’ve had to eat today is the breakfast I had back home in Mason and vending-machine junk from DAAP. Subsequently my eye has been twitching maniacally since the early afternoon. Half way through studio, when I muttered to my studio mates about my ailment, Whitney relayed to me the fact that such conditions are brought on by unhealthy eating habits. I nodded with interest as I plunged my hand back into a bag of potato chips I had purchased earlier.

Economics is upon me, I’m afraid, so I must dash. This is the last class of the day, luckily enough, considering that it’s three steady hours of dry economics.