Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Saturday marked my return from holiday, which Bryan and I spent upwards in lovely Vancouver, and which was five marvelous days in duration. We stayed in a hostel downtown close to the water. In some ways it was relaxing, in some not; we had the whole city to see in those five days, after all, and the majority of our time was spent on the move from one district to the next. Though we did indulge in a couple of activities befitting and expected of us as tourists, we probably fooled half the locals. My favorite part was the food: our meals were extravagant, the drinking age is merciful, and the restaurant selection downtown phenomenal. Dining is a much better experience when a chic glass of shiraz is in hand. Pictures will soon be posted.

One of the best parts of the trip, however, was the layover in Salt Lake; the day-long ordeal gave me time to surprise mum and spend five or so hours with her. I miss her terribly, and the visit reminded me of this. I will try to visit Salt Lake in the next month or so prior to the beginning of school.

Life has returned to normal, with the exception of school registration, which reminds me that university begins in a month or so. I cannot wait; I tire of the summer and my lurid employment. Granted, a very expensive computer waits to be purchased within the month, and my savings are, well... what's a good euphemism for under three hundred dollars? Can't think of any? Bother, neither can I. Regardless, the thought of no longer working at lonestar brings tears to my destitute eyes.

Speaking of work and my long-lost mother, however: I work at six and plan to drop mum a ring before then. I must dash, darlings. Cheers.