Sunday, March 20, 2005

You know, I feel so good right now. I feel a need to force and push this feeling into some compilation of overly constructed phrases to try and hang on to whatever elation I have. The fear of sounding cliche has always controlled me, sometimes to the point that I neglect what I experience and feel so that I might solidify my defensive pessimism. Perhaps that's why I've robbed myself of the desire to write. Maybe I'm just lazy. I don't know.

But regardless, I've found things and I'm happy to find them. Dreary exhales have turned into breathless sighs and dazes have turned into hopeful reveries. I've momentarily awoken to this flashy world, and I've come to realize that the moments in which I smile are growing longer. It's all been written about before, and it's nothing new, but it's new to me.

Another happy fool, another silly little girl skipping about life gaily. Another individual walking down the sidewalk as a grin slowly rises to her face, another woman bound to be ripped to shreds when she loses what she has. Another individual ready to lean back and listen to Ella Fitzgerald without the skeptical safeguard, and slightly nod in agreement with the mellifluous proclamation. I've become yet another person just ready to laugh and love and be happy.

I don't mind at all.